Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cape Coast and area

The day after Pam arrived we packed up and headed to the beach, again at Ko-Sa. There we did a lot of relaxing, eating and drinking. We had a few coconuts from Fusani, a little boy who hangs out around the resort. Ama had tons of fun getting as filthy as possible, getting sand in places you wouldn't think possible.
href="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ayiX3QLseSo/S9Bb77NAkAI/AAAAAAAAAZ0/Zqq0L4XJRCw/s1600/DSCF1804.JPG">





From there we went to Kakum National park for the Canopy walk. Our taxi driver we hired for the day was a little bit shady, and his car was less than road worthy, but we survived and had a good time, and our wallets suffered only minimally. When we got to the park a group was going a bit ahead of us, and the ladies at the desk told us to hurry and catch up with them. So we packed Ama in her pack and began the climb up to the canopy walk. Several people laughed at us, and some even took pictures. I was particularly self conscious since I was setting a world record for sweat production carrying Ama up that hill!

The Canopy is significantly higher than I remember it to be 4 years ago-perhaps because I had my 2 year old on my back! It was a bit nerve racking at first, but enjoyable overall-Ama loved it! I'm very glad I didn't take mom on that adventure...







After the canopy walk we went to Hans Cottage Botel for lunch, which is a cute little hotel whose restaurant is above a crocodile filled pond. We then made our way to Elmina Castle where we went on a very sobering tour that focused mostly on the slave trade. Pam was thoroughly disgusted (as was I, but I have been before).





No comments:

Post a Comment